We are committed to protecting your privacy as an online visitor to The Kids Room website. We use the personal information we collect about you to maximise the services that we provide to you. This policy explains how we collect, use, and store your personal information.
The kinds of information we collect and hold
Depending on the specific circumstances of your use of the website and our other services, we may collect and hold a range of information about you. You may provide basic contact information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to allow us to send information (such as an e-newsletter) to you. If you are purchasing goods from The Kids Room website, you may provide financial information such as credit card details.
This is not an exhaustive list. For example, we may also collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback or communicate with us in relation to queries.
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (for example, when you register your details with us; subscribe to publications through The Kids Room website; participate in promotions; competitions or surveys that we run; or contact us with a query or request);
- from publicly available sources of information.
How we hold your personal information
We may store your personal information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
Personal information is held only for as long as the personal information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
How we use your personal information
We will only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
We may use your personal information for a range of different purposes related to The Kids Room’s business, including:
- to provide information, goods and services to you (e.g. e-newsletters, promotional materials), to enhance your experience on The Kids Room website and to provide you with better customer service;
- to gain an understanding of your personal information needs, to perform market research and analysis and to improve or develop the content on The Kids Room website;
- to monitor The Kids Room website’s use, quality and performance, and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems, infrastructure and business offerings.
If you do not or unable to provide us with the requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the information or service that you have requested.
How we use your personal information for direct marketing
We may use personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material and information.
If you wish to cease receiving any such information you can opt out either by calling us on +61 2 9328 6864 or by email at email@example.com and we will action your request as soon as practicable.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will not knowingly disclose your personal information to third parties except to:
- law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisers, such as our lawyers and accountants, where required for them to advise us; and
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business. In such circumstances, we would only disclose your personal information in good faith.
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia.
We will not sell your personal information to any other person for profit other than as described in the third bullet point above.
How to access or correct your l information
If you wish to access any of your information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us on +61 2 9328 6864 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can respond to your request.
Even if you don’t submit a request, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal information, that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles
You may also use those contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint.
Whilst we sincerely hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without the involvement of third parties, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) or the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (www.tio.com.au).